This magical event is held in December and is a chance for families to visit Santa after hours in a sensory-friendly environment.
Families are invited to come to the mall after hours on a Sunday evening to have a quiet visit with Santa. They sign up for a designated time so no waiting in lineups or fighting crowds. Mall staff dim the lights and turn off the music to provide a low stimulation environment. Santa and the photographer donate their time and every family goes home with a photograph with Santa compliments of organizers and sponsors Tracey and Quincy Vrecko of Quincy Vrecko & Associates (RE/MAX Kelowna).
Dates for 2019:
- Kelowna (Orchard Park Mall) December 8th (change from original date) and December 14th. 6 pm-8 pm.
- To Register on line: click here Sensitive Santa Autism Okanagan
- Update: both dates are almost full – we may be able to add a 3rd date – please check back!
- Vernon – unable to confirm a venue – we will try again next year
- Penticton – unable to confirm a venue – we will try again next year
If you have a mall/venue in your community that would like to hold a Sensitive Santa event please contact email@example.com and we will try to organize something in Vernon and Penticton next year.