Autism Okanagan Summer Intern Position
(Canada Summer Jobs Project # 015592660)
Autism Okanagan is looking for a summer intern to help make a difference in the lives of people with autism and their families. A portion of the position will involve working to develop and improve our social media presence through Facebook and newsletters, assisting with updating & maintaining our website, compiling and organizing our membership lists and volunteer data base, as well as creating data tracking spreadsheets and other management tools.
The other portion of the internship will be working on the front-line in our office; greeting the public, answering phones, organizing and maintaining the physical space, as well as, attending and supporting special events and activities in the community. Other responsibilities may be assigned. Previous experience working with persons with autism is an asset.
Salary: $13/hour Hours: 30 hours per week for 8 weeks, June 18- Aug. 14
Schedule: 4 days per week/7.5 hours per/some flexibility required as evenings and weekends may occasionally be scheduled with plenty of advanced notice
Location: #200 2000 Spall Road, Kelowna BC
- Between 15 and 30 years old
- Registered full-time as a student this past year and intending to return to full-time school in the next academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Have a valid social insurance number at start of employment
The ideal candidate will value:
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Empathetic and equal relationships
- Integrity, authenticity and trust
- Health and wellness
Skills and abilities:
- Enthusiastic, professional, punctual and reliable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Skilled in technology and knowledgeable about social media platforms
- Familiar with WordPress and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with youth with autism or related disabilities
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention and/or First Aid Training an asset
Apply with a cover letter and resume to Vicki@autismokanagan.ca by June 4, 2018.
Persons with diversabilities are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to provide references and a criminal record check.