Autism Okanagan Association
Permanent Part-time Executive Director
The Executive Director will be the key management leader for Autism Okanagan Association (AOK).
This is a contract position for 16 hours per week to start with a potential increase in hours as workload increases and budget permits.
Board Governance: Working with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
Financial Performance and Viability: Developing resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Working with the Board and staff to ensure the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
Organization Operations: Overseeing and implementing appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven leadership skills
- Two or more years senior non-profit experience
- Strong budget management skills including preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational skills including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Ability to be collaborative and transparent with board, staff, volunteers, donors, clients
- Strong public speaking ability
- Interest, knowledge and experience in the field of Autism and Related Disorders
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Plan and operate AOK’s annual budget
- Establish and maintain employment and administrative policies and procedures for day-to-day operation of the organization
- Serve as AOK’s primary spokesperson
- Establish and maintain relationships with other organizations
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff
- Oversee strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee board and committee meetings
- Oversee marketing and communications
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualified applicants should submit a full resume and cover letter including three references and contact info in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Thursday, April 26, 2018